I’m going to prophesy that the following will happen to you in 2018:
- An event will occur in your relationship with your beloved that will surprise and confound you.
- You’ll notice something new about your beloved that will delight you.
- You’ll be criticized and misunderstood for something good that you do.
- A difficulty with someone in the family or at work or at church will distract you from giving your sweetheart enough attention.
- You’ll learn something that will improve your relationship with your beloved.
- An impending problem or disaster that you’ve been fearing won’t come to pass or else will be easier than anticipated.
- Something will come to your attention that will give you a new reason to be afraid and to worry.
- The long journey of connecting, disconnecting, and working your way back to a good connection with your beloved will continue. Slowly. But you’ll keep moving forward.
- Opportunities to spend quality time with your sweetheart will be missed.
- Opportunities to say something that will shine the light of Christ onto a situation will open up.
- Your new year with your beloved will fail to be as good as you hope for.
- The extra effort you put into your relationship with your beloved will pay off in an important way.
- A bad habit that has interfered with your beloved’s joy will continue until you do something drastic, clever, or amazing, with God’s help.
- Your sweetheart will forget a lesson learned and you’ll need to discuss it again because it’s important. You’ll struggle to find the right words and speak with a calm, non-condemning tone of voice to make a longer-lasting difference.
- How can my relationship with Jesus help me through the ups and downs and challenges of the new year? (Think about this as you reflect again on the statements above.)
- How can my beloved’s relationship with Jesus help me in the new year?
Strengthen your relationship:
Using your imaginations, discuss how Jesus might provide help in each of the scenarios described above. After you creatively explore what his help might look like, turn it into a shared prayer of trusting the Holy Spirit for guidance. Spend the next several days doing this, one or two from the list each day.
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
© 2017 by Terry Modica of Good News Ministries
Please share this with others by using the social sharing icons at the top of this page. Or request a printable copy that's licensed for distribution here.