10 ways a parish can use our
“Reflections for Couples”
The recent Synod on the Family (2014) and the upcoming World Meeting of Families (September 2015) indicate that the Catholic Church has made the faith of families a top priority. In a recent survey directed toward parents, grandparents and church leaders, by the Strong Catholic Families National Initiative, the majority — 54% — of respondents said that what they want most to hear from Church leaders is: How can the church help you/your family live out your faith in the world?
It ranked second. (See strongcatholicfamilies.org/surveyResults.htm)
Good News Ministries of gnm.org, is publishing “Reflections for Couples” to promote the sanctity of marriage in alignment with the the teachings of the Catholic Faith. These are short, daily messages for couples – married as well as those preparing for marriage.
Take a look now at the Reflections for Couples.
They are free to individuals, ready for printing and using in couple dialogs or private reflection. Subscribe to receive them by email (the sign-up form is at the top of the column on the left side of the Reflections for Couples posts).
If you are on parish staff, ask us how you can obtain a free license for your whole parish!
Here are 10 ways a parish can use Reflections for Couples and thus satisfy the hopes of more than half of your parishioners:
- Recommend that your parishioners subscribe by email; a short bulletin announcement is provided below, and you may use the attached logo.
- Recommend them to the engaged couples of your parish, most of whom will be attracted to these reflections because they like using their smart phones to read and learn.
- Print them for Neophytes of the RCIA process.
- Print them to distribute to the parents of children in your Religious Education program.
- Print them for baptism preparation classes.
- Print them for Pre-Cana classes.
- Email them to the leaders of MOMS groups or whatever ministries you have for parents, inviting them to forward them or print them for distribution.
- Add them to your weekly bulletin.
- Give them to Marriage Encounter circles and other small faith sharing groups of couples.
- Distribute them at marriage retreats, workshops on the family, and any other activity that results from the Synod on the Family.
Contact us to ask us how you can obtain a free license for your whole parish!